Fresno Rotary and the Fresno Rotary Foundation awards funding for community projects that positively impact the community and encourage individual involvement. Educational and nonprofit charitable organizations in the greater Fresno Community may submit a request for funds by completing the Grant Application Form. We request that you review the information below before submitting your application to ensure that the request meets the criteria listed below.
Preference will be given to requests which meet one or more of the following criteria:
- provide for or encourage the involvement of members of Fresno Rotary Club;
- make a significant impact on youth, the disadvantaged, or those elements of our community not adequately serviced by other avenues of support;
- are for new projects as opposed to well-funded or well-established projects;
- are for projects in Fresno, or that primarily benefit residents of Fresno;
- are under the direction of a local organization or local affiliate;
- produce sustainable benefits – that is, benefits to the community that continue long after the funds have been disbursed and Rotarian involvement has ended.
Requests must be from an educational or nonprofit charitable organization for a specific project that can be completed in a timely manner or for capital equipment. Quotes and documentation to support a request should be included with the application for requested funding.
Fresno Rotary and the Fresno Rotary Foundation does not support or sponsor:
- Tax supported governmental agencies (e.g., fire, police), but will consider special projects for public and private schools;
- Organizations or projects outside the greater Fresno area;
- On-going operating expenses;
- Political projects or those that are primarily related to a political cause;
- Religious organizations for religious purposes;
- Sabbatical leaves or scholarly research;
- Travel, tours and trips;
- Endowments and debt reduction; or
- Fundraising events, such as sponsorships
Fresno Rotary requests appropriate recognition of its grants and the use of the Fresno Rotary Signature or the Fresno Rotary Foundation Signature displayed in an appropriate way as well as included in media releases, press conferences, and other items of print. We hope recipients will share their story of success and become examples to others.
Fresno Rotary and the Fresno Rotary Foundation require grant recipients provide a written Grant Report Form and appropriate supporting documentation (receipts, invoices, etc.) detailing the use and results of the grant. This report is required before subsequent grant requests will be considered.
Please allow up to 90 days for a response. Requests for support that are recommended for funding by the Community Projects committee are submitted to the Fresno Rotary Board of Directors for final approval. Requests over $10,000 may be reviewed by The Rotary Club of Fresno Foundation and could take longer for a response. All submitted requests will be reviewed. If there are questions, the committee members will contact you directly. Please no phone calls or emails. We allow educational and nonprofit charitable organizations to resubmit on an annual basis starting in July.
Grant Applications and supporting documentation, as well as Grant Reports are to be submitting to: Fresno Rotary / Fresno Rotary Foundation, 2307 N. Fine Avenue, Fresno, CA 93727, Email: email@example.com