Fresno Rotary and the Fresno Rotary Foundation (Rotary) awards grants to Educational and nonprofit charitable organizations in the greater Fresno Community for projects that positively impact the community. Grant requests must be for a specific project that can be accomplished in a timely manner or for capital equipment.
DOES NOT grant:
- Tax supported governmental agencies (e.g., fire, police), but will consider special projects for public and private schools;
- Organizations or projects outside the greater Fresno area;
- Administration or On-going operating expenses (such as training, debt reduction, computer software, and office equipment that does not impact the general public)
- Political projects or those that are primarily related to a political cause;
- Religious organizations for religious purposes;
- Sabbatical leaves or scholarly research;
- Travel, tours and trips;
- Endowments and memorials; or
- Fundraising events, such as sponsorships and incentives
GRANT APPLICATION FORM Applications must include: 1. BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE PROGRAM AND ITS RATIONALE; 2. STATEMENT OF THE PROGRAM’S GOALS AND OBJECTIVES; 3. BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE POPULATION TO BE SERVED; 4. STATEMENT ON HOW YOU PLAN TO SUSTAIN THE PROJECT/PROGRAM; 5. PRELIMINARY BUDGET AND QUOTES; AND, 6. DESCRIPTION OF THE EVALUATION ACTIVITIES AND DESIRED OUTCOMES.
All applications should demonstrate that the organization has the ability to efficiently and effectively use the funds and/or matching funds for the greater community impact and that the management, board of directors and/or volunteers have the capacity to achieve proposed outcomes including partnering organizations and collaborative efforts.
Grant requests must disclose any relationships that might be considered a conflict of interest between requesting organization, its Board of Directors, its management and Rotary. Quotes and documentation to support a grant as well as a COPY OF PAGES ONE, TWO AND PART VI (GOVERNANCE, MANAGEMENT AND DISCLOSURE) OF THE MOST RECENT IRS FORM 990 must be included with the application.
Additionally, Requests must meet one or more of the following grant criteria:
- Make a significant impact on youth, the disadvantaged, or those elements of our community not adequately serviced by other avenues of support;
- Are for new tangible projects as opposed to well-funded or well-established projects;
- Are for projects in the greater Fresno area, or that primarily benefit the residents of Fresno;
- Are under the direction of a local organization or local affiliate;
- Are for capital equipment
- Provide proven sustainable benefits – that is, provide benefits to the community that continue long after the grant has been disbursed.
Rotary requires grant recipients provide a written GRANT FINAL REPORT FORM and appropriate supporting documentation (receipts, invoices, etc.) detailing the use and results of the grant. This report is required before subsequent grant requests will be considered. Approved grants recipients will be required to sign a GRANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS agreement and release form.
Fresno Rotary requires appropriate recognition of its grants and the use of the Fresno Rotary Signature or the Fresno Rotary Foundation Signature displayed in an appropriate way as well as included in media releases, social media, and items of print.
Allow up to 90 days for a response. Grants that are recommended for funding by the Community Projects committee are submitted to the Fresno Rotary Board of Directors for final approval. Certain applications may be reviewed by The Rotary Club of Fresno Foundation and could take longer for a response. Grant applications are accepted on an ongoing basis beginning July 1 and are subject to fiscal availability of funds. Applications submitted with supporting documentation will be reviewed. If there are questions, the committee members will contact you directly.
Grant Applications and supporting documentation, as well as Grant Final Reports are to be submitting to: Fresno Rotary / Fresno Rotary Foundation, 2307 N. Fine Avenue, Fresno, CA 93727, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org